July 09, 2012

The snake.


But in my mind, I have killed you three times.

Those are the words I randomly saw that exactly depicts how I feel about you now. Your harsh words are unbearable. Your tongue is like a snake. Hissing and spitting out all of your hidden thoughts about us. How could you? After all we’ve done? How could you? A rush of thoughts fills me up. Bitter thoughts. Evil thoughts. Yes in my mind, I have killed you three times. What are you supposed to do when people wronged you? Defend yourself? Explain yourself? But what use is defending and explaining when in their eyes, you are the snake, hissing and spitting out? Then, someone must have got some facts wrong. Someone must have said something not nice. Someone must have been the snake. But what use is knowing who the snake is, have it punished, thrown into the fire and let it die? Because the snake deserves it? And so throwing it into the fire is valid and is the right thing to do? But how was I to know what is right? When I know, at some points in my life, I too made mistakes? I too made some wrong choices my right? Then maybe at this moment, the best thing to do is to let the snake be the snake. To let the curse be on us. To not fight back, although I know we could. To not punish, although I know we should. Maybe the best thing to do is to forgive. Because at some points in my life when the snake was me, all I would ask for my wrongdoings was never the punishment. But mere forgiveness and second chances. 

"Let any of you who is without sin,
be the first to throw a stone at her."

                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment